THE LABORATORY SPARK EROSION MACHINE
Materials Science NW has supplied bench top Laboratory spark erosion machines to National Research Laboratories, Industrial Research Laboratories and leading Universities throughout the World. The machining process is servo-controlled and the electrode is positioned using X-Y micrometers.
To celebrate our Silver Jubilee in 1995, we launched our Mk4 Laboratory spark erosion machine which is more powerful, versatile and easy to use. The new safety features make it safer for use by unskilled personnel.
Our machine is particularly suitable for cutting out 3mm discs from fragile and brittle samples because there is no contact between the electrode and sample distortion is avoided.
The Mk4 Spark erosion machine is supplied as a "ready to use" system comprising:
- Dielectric pumping system
- Small sample mounting system - Sheet Holder, Slit Vice and Irregular Shape Holder
- Collet for 3mm tubular electrodes
- Pin chuck for small diameter rod
- Set of miniature "G" clamps
- A tubular electrode for trepanning 3 mm discs.
IMPROVED FEATURES IN THE Mk4 MACHINE INCLUDE:
- An automatic switch which interrupts the supply of high voltage to the electrode if the door is opened
- Vertical adjustment of sample mounting bracket
- Audible warning if the dielectric tank contacts the mounting bracket
- "Fail safe" alarm system to protect from overload in the servo drive system
- Increased maximum power
- Stronger and larger PVC dielectric tank
- Push-on electrical connectors
- Wider range of X-Y movement of the electrode
- Improved instruction manual
- A key switch which enables the use of the machine to be restricted to authorised personnel.
A Wire cutter and additional sample holders such as the Turret Vice, the Small Sample Mounting System, the Strip Clamp, a Strip Electrode Holder, a Universal sample holder, single, a Double Sample Holder and various Sample Clamps are available as optional extras.
Edward Hindle would be pleased to offer advice to customers on how their individual requirements might be met.